Gay-dar or Lack Thereof

I know men are more visual than emotional and that's why I'm not surprised that my last post of how I lost my virginity was a smashing hit :) Well I'm piecing together focal parts in my life first and that's why it may all seem haphazard at first but at the end you'll know where I'm headed....

So if there's one thing I can't do with a guy I meet randomly in the streets, it's maintaining eye contact. My heart just stops, shortly after pulpitating to such an astronomical length that I think I'm gonna die trying to spot 'a member'. There's the time I was at a restaurant near Nakumatt Lifestyle having some lunch with my best friend Karl. It had been awhile since we saw each other, he was having exams in Med School and I was still figuring out what to do with myself.

'You've got to tell me all about you, Calvin. I can't understand why you've never got yourself a man since James at the end of last year...' he said, putting down his folder on a red couch at the centre of the room facing the entrance to the lounge, as I placed my one strap bag on the other end and sat myself down facing him, and the kitchen....

'I've asked myself that a thousand times but I never come up with answers' I replied, flipping through the menu a waiter had promptly brought. At that time Karl was dating someone older than him, one of the best looking men I had ever set my eyes on. Robert was well groomed, the right build: not too pumped up and not skinny at all, an amazing smile and boy did that man have a well shaped ass.

I brought myself back to the conversation. 'You don't go to the right places to meet the right kind of people I bet,' he added, as the waiter finished taking our orders and went away. Before I had a chance to ask, I saw Karl stop dead in his tracks as he started at something, or someone that was walking in from the entrance. my pride would not let me turn after he whispered, 'Finess just walked in Calv... don't look now'.

The man in a corduroy blazer and white cotton shirt with jeanscame round behind me and sat at another set of couches within direct view of me. When he smiled, it lit up the room and my heart skipped a beat. Sitting down, our eyes locked and he gave me more than an invitational smile but there was no way in hell I was gonna go over there. What if I was just being silly and I was wrong. I even forgot I was in company as all I could hear was a buzzing sound in my ears.

Then he stood up and began walking over... I swear I was gonna die....

Comments